Sunday, November 11, 2018

Britains 1:32 "Geek Hoplite" Repair-Repaint

  Hi there!

Here we are back again to my favorite scale 1:32 !

   Along with some Britains figures I've bought some time a go I receive these two little fellows that has been primed (badly) without cut mould lines and with some damaged or broken parts.
   These was a figure of "Greek Hoplite" (made in Hong Kong and little bigger than 1;32 scale as it is about 60mm without base!) that has missing helmet's top and some dirt stocked in several places , and a "Union Infantry " figure from American Civil War , Britains Deetail series made in England at 1971.
   As I wrote in previous posts a have a "sentimental touch" about damaged or unbranded figures that need to regain their lives in this world ....somehow....

   So this is another project of "Resurrecting figures" series :)  Here you can see what their state was
when I opened the box.


And now here it is the first resurrection...  Ta daaa!!



      These figures have very little sculpting detail or detail depth so I chosen a , more simple painting or highlighting.  You can see that, in the shields detail  (the rooster)  witch I tried to make as realistic and 3d I could . 

      Here , some more pictures during the transformation and some in dark background that I like!














      The second figure is at my table now and needs some work to do .Here it is so far...



So , that's all for now... 'till next time..

Keep Up The Brushes!!!


16 comments:

  1. Love it, you've brought them back to life! Very well done 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very impressive transformations! Both figures turned out splendidly. The Greek really shows off your talent with skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jonathan! Unfortunatelly, now that I've seen the
      pictures again I se that the varnish I've used has "kill" some of the
      highlights specially on the cape...I have already ordered a new matt
      varnish..:)

      regards, George.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment my friend! Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like I´ve been missing a lot...!!! Great job, as usual! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Very happy to hear from you sir! Thank you and, Welcome back!!

      Delete
  5. Classic figures superbly resurrected! Love that Hoplite's pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean! Glad you like it:)
      Wait for the next one ;)

      Delete
  6. Awesome repaint. I have some unpainted Britains Deetail British Officers and some separate bases.

    How do you get the figures onto the bases without breaking the lugs ? Is there a special trick ?

    Regs,

    SB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SB and welcome to my world!
      You place the first leg in the hole and
      Then very carefully bent the other one
      until it takes the right ancle to get
      in. Keep the figure from the leg and not
      bent the lug itself. Hope that helps!

      Regards, George.

      Delete