Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Airfix Waterloo " British Horse Artillery" 1:72 Diorama

 

Hello everyone! My best wishes for a Happy Healthy and Creative 2022!!

   Last post for this year and I would like to end up 2021 with a project I did this summer and never posted here. This is another 1:72 diorama but with the figures on it this time.

 



   The figures are from the Airfix 1:72 " Waterloo British Artillery" set. This set comes to me with some missing poses and bits but the final outcome was quite good. The box is stated as HO/OO scale but the figures are close to 1:72 scale. Later issues were corected as 1:72.

  

Here are some references for the uniform and equipment that I used for this project.

 


      Some pictures during the procedure will follow, though I missed some parts...

     At first the base making . I've used some expanding foam spray for that covered with wood plaster 

 


 




 

 ....unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the rest of the flocking and basing  ..

...and here are some from the finished figures and horses




testing the set up....


.....and finaly the result finished flocked , glued and varnished..









One year a go , I wasn't much of a small scale fan. I cannot tell that right now...

I have worked on some 1:72 projects these last year and I have concluded that this scale is quite addictive and great to work with...Also very handy for collectors as it takes way less space than my favorite 1:32. I have already started to keep some sets for my collection...When I will find the time to paint them is another big story.....

That's all for this year. One more year that I stay behind my goal for this blog regarding to posting frequency...Wishing to correct this in 2022!!

Happy Health and Creative New Year!!!!

'till next time...

Keep Up The Brushes!!!



19 comments:

  1. Lovely looking artillery!
    Happy New year sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work & paint-job !
    Happy Holidays & a fantastic New Year !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work, Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb work! I have fond memories of that Airfix box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again some fantastic work from you George!
    And a Happy New year to you to!
    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. The figure holding the telescope was always one of my favourite Airfix figures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful diorama using these lovely, timeless figures.
    Happy New Year!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive and admirable your work, and as you explain how you arrived at the final result ... I bought my first Indian ferrets to paint ... Hopefully one day I will achieve something similar to this type of fabulous art, like the one you achieved. Many good things and health in 2022 for you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice words my friend! Feel free to follow and join the war-band of my blog :) Practising and creating is the only trick to improve your skills , so , keep up the good work and good results will find you ;)

      Delete
  9. I had the pleasure of working closely with Mr Pedro for several years as business partners. During the time that Pedro and his loan company team served as the Mortgage Representative for my home also for my business financing and he helped me closing off loans which really helped me in my business today, we were consistently far above our goal and this can only be attributable to Mr Pedro's hard work. I appreciate your hard work and also big thanks to your team for helping me with a loan to grow my business. If you are looking for a loan of any kind, contact Mr Pedro on....cf-loans@outlook.com
    Whatsapp +393510140339 Mr Pedro is an honest loan officer working with a huge number of investors willing to finance any project.
    Thankfully, over time our relationship grew beyond work and I’m still happy to call him a trusted friend.

    ReplyDelete