Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Airfix 1:32 German Afrika "Corpse" - Zombie Soldier (!)

      Hi everyone! First post for 2021 and a Late " Happy New Year " .A Healthy and a creative year!

     Taking part on this years "Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge" my blog passes to a second place for posting. Of course some of my entries there will be posted here also.

 


     For this post I have a small conversion for you! This figure comes to me broken in this awkward ankle and the idea for a " Zombie-Sceleton" soldier comes in my mind easily when I needed "something that comes back to life" on a topic of the challenge:) . A small re-sculpting on the face and some extra damage on the clothes and my Zombie comes to life!!
 
   Next plan is to make an Army full of these! A splatter " Afrika Corpse " unit!!
 





 
 That's all for now! How you like my little Afrika "Corpse" figure :)

'Till next time...

Keep Up The Brushes!!



14 comments:

  1. Convincing, Any toy soldiers from any period of history could be given the same treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes indeed, any damaged figure could be a Zombie.

      Delete
  2. Great work, and I love the subtle graining on the rifle. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work ! Creative solution for broken mini.
    Very nice detail on the gun handle !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mario! I have painted so many K98s I've become expert ..hahaha

      Delete
  4. Quite surprising though really nicely done! You have found a very clever solution to a difficult situation:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought halloween was somewhere in November? Fantastic painted figure!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, here in Greece is in February( similar to Halloween).Thank you Peter!

      Delete