Saturday, June 20, 2020

Italeri Gladiators and Lion , 1:32 54mm

       Hello everyone, for today's post I have a subject from Roman period, never opened before in my blog. Two very nice sculpts of Gladiators and a male Lion from Italeri in 54mm scale.



      The shields are from not the original  figures but conversions made from other cheap miniatures.
Also one of the hands of one of the Gladiators. They come to me as a commission painting so I don't know why that happened...In one of the shields the hand of the other miniature is still there ..(!!)
      I did my best for a nice high standard and I really enjoy painting them. Though I wanted to give some more layering on them I should stay low to keep the price down . I couldn't do that to the Lion figure witch I like very much , so I went one step forward ..:)
      No grass tufts or other vegetation on the bases because they are on a gladiator arena!















































That's all for now. Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy or get inspired!

'Till next time....

Keep Up The Brushes!




22 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting and great poses too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice paint job ! The lion is my favorite ! Fantastic job !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mario! The Lion is my favorite also , that's why I give it one step ahead in detailing:)

      Delete
  3. Lion is the winner! Miniatures are great dynamic poses, make me feel like they just right in the heart of battle with those lion. And they know they gonna die but they want try to stay alive one more time. Awesome paint job, especially on lion skin but I love also those skintones on gladiators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skin tones of the gladiators could be more realistic with one or two layers tone up but, as a said, I should stay in low budget..:(
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Great job, reminds me my Atlantic figures on the same subject...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thing it is the set" Gladiators and Christians" in 1:32 scale..
      It is a rare set that you can still find for about 50€ or higher..
      Nice and similar set.
      Thank you Phil!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic paint job very nice models!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work on a lion and gladiators.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent painting on some classic figures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done on some dynamic poses

    ReplyDelete