Friday, December 7, 2018

1:72 ESCI "British Infantry"


Hi there! 
     Here is the second group from my testing in the small scale. Once again not a complete set.
These figures are from ESCI 1982 "British Infantry " set 200. Some came to me already (badly)
painted so I repainted them! The figure of the wounded man was already clogged and that's why
the detail is very poor...anyway I believe I restore him somehow..

  This time I've expanded the base using a 5sent Euro coin and I enjoy the basing as much as
painting :)  These little guys don't give you much space for basing ,so ,  I see what others do
and I did the same..Nice and easy technique!

   Here are the pics from the final result and some during the basing. I hope you enjoy!   

 






       Here is my basing technique for adding sand and rocks. It is a mixture of sand and rocks in various sizes (even dust size!) , water and PVA glue. Mix it well and if you keep it in a fine closing pot you can keep it for weeks! The only disadvantage is that after 1-2 weeks It has a strong moisture smell when you open the pot! Don't worry , after 1-2 minutes outside its ok :)


















 






















   After the mix is dry (take some hours)
I give a dark brown-red wash. Then some
dry brushing with 2 light tones and is ready!







Here some artistic (contrast doped !) white background pictures!














 That's all for this week! I enjoy more this second set and I see that as long as I paint this scale , the more I love it!!  The next set it will paint it will be a full set ( this will be my breakthrough, Peter! ) 

Hope you enjoy this post and the that pictures were an inspiration to someone!!

'Till next time...

Keep Up The Brushes!!



10 comments: