It's been almost three months since my last post on my blog...Very busy months but at least I've manage to keep posting on AHPC for the fist time this year. You will see some of my entries there the forthcoming months.
For now I will present another challenge I had this time. This is my first official try for a Diorama of this scale. This a WW1 Diorama requested from a client to display his WW1 1:72 figures.
The total size is 50X25cm and that's why the trench lines are quite close, but as stated before this is a display base and my task was to try to realistic place the figures on it. Here you can see some German and British Infantry figures and also the classic Airfix British WW1 Artillery set.
I tried to take pictures of all the stages but (as always) some got lost in fever of creation......
The basic material is expanding foam spray and it was used to form the body of the diorama.
This , then got sculpted and covered in kitchen tiles glue. I found out that this hardens more when dries out then classic stuko.
I've also used classic plastic paint in the mix so the painting later will need less hands.
Then woodwork applied. Not 100% realistic but good for the purpose. Matchsticks have been used for this and proven really good.
Testing with the figures to see how it looks before the last painting touches..
Now the body gets glued and then screwed on the wooden base for extra strength.
And here is the final product in some close ups.
....and some with the soldiers on it.
At the end I've added this wire fence but not 100% happy with it. I should have a thinner wire..