Monday, February 18, 2019

Timpo "French Foreign Legion 1918" 1:32


Hi everyone!

     At first I have to say , I'm not fan of these figures! I don't really like the poses, and the details are  abnormal or not realistic in my eyes... But, on the other hand, they are so classic that I couldn't resist painting them even for historical reasons!!




    Timpo is very a well known manifacturer of plastic toy soldiers mostly for the famous Swoppet figures they produced . Timpo Solids (one piece figures) first released in the 50's in several themes, such as  Cowboys, Indians, ACW, etc. In the 70's some of that solid moulds released as "Timpo Action Packs" , "Ready to paint" figures .





They were made by the same mould but with simple unpainted plastic. I believe, that's when they became so classic!
   I have in my collection some more of these set so you will probably see some more Timpo solids in the future...( such as WW2 8th Army desert rats witch is a better detailed set than this one..) 







   For these figures I tried a more simple painting to make them as smooth as I could ! The colors  I used is from 1918 uniform in Morocco.Here are some pictures below to enjoy.



First blocking







A small post for this small set! Hope you liked it!

'Till next time...Keep Up The Brushes!!






14 comments:

  1. The poses may be awkward but the painting is not. Superb work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice sujcet...and a great job, never mind the details on them, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice, George! The painting clean, crisp and vibrant. The shading on the white most impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean! I'm happy that you say that 'cause I'm not
      100% satisfied with them.White color always gives me the creeps :)

      Delete
  4. I think you've painted these beautifully. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colour scheme and very well blended shading and highlighting.

    ReplyDelete