Friday, April 27, 2018

American Militia Fig.4 (Or...How to destroy a figure..)


Well, yes , sometimes experiments goes wrong....

       I've finished this figure some days a go and I wasn't very exited because I didn't like the texture
of the plastic and also the face details..( looks a bit like a Monkey vampire ! ). but that wasn't all....
      A long time a go I've bought a varnish that was in discount and it was marked as " Velvet Mat".
Until now I was using a satin spray varnish for protection and then I was painting a brush Matt
to beat gloss. It was working good but it was double job. So now that this it is about to finish I said
 time to try the new one...

 JODER! (..like a Spanish would say)!! This is not Matt!!

Ok! I said... I will repaint with my magic Matt varnish and all will be ok..Let's read the instructions..

JODER!! ( again..)...Do not paint acrylics above this product..((@#%$^%#)...It is an Alkyd Resin! 
    
So ok...after a small headache..  I said , why not "Let it Shine!"...This is the result...





 I took the color combination from this painting below...




Some more pictures in other backgrounds.. 




It's a pity, finally , because is a very nice pose but ...with this vampire face and this shinning
outfit , sure it will be a " To be.. Repainted " episode..!

So, I didn't know until now , stay away from Alkyd Resins!!!

Thanx for reading my post and I hope I save someone from Trouble!!

'Till next time...KEEP UP THE BRUSHES!!


22 comments:

  1. Apart from the glossiness, it's a fine job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant pose and splendid painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercy Beaucoup Phil! Have a nice (wargaming?) weekend!

      Delete
  3. Can't fault the painting you've done a grand job 🖒

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work.I see what you mean about the monkey face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good to me but the face is a bit semian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, "The Planet of the Apes"
      sais "Hello"!,hehehe...

      Delete
  6. Looks a fine figure! His face & hair remind me a bit of a young James MacArthur (Dano from Hawaii 5-0) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be to hard on yourself George! You did a fine job on the figure. Ok the face isn't very good sculpted and he looks a bit glossy, but the paintjob is wonderfull!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! I finaly liked the painting and as I say..what the hell..let it shine!

      Delete
  8. hi wieder mal ein meisterhaftes beispiel für deine klasse bemalarbeit
    herrlich

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tiny fellow looks extremely fine to little old me.
    Perhaps a head swop will make him pop! BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I will try that if I ever paint this pose again :)

      Delete