Friday, February 24, 2017

Matchbox - WW2 British Infantry Part 3



   Hello! Is there anybody out there?...

   Yes, it has been almost one year since my last post....and it seems to me like yesterday........
Although I haven't got much time for my blog ,all this year , I've manage to proceed with some projects
and paint some figures..(not as many as I wanted..) to present you within the forthcoming days.....

   As  I've promised in my last post, here is the third part of the "Matchbox - British Infantry " project.
I've finished this vignette some months a go but I still haven't finish the base. I wan to buy a wood Router
to make my own wooden bases but I'm always out of schedule....


So here it is but not quite finished..




     For this vignette I've used 2 Matchbox figures from witch ,one is easily converted to a dead man...


Also used some plastic sandbags (Airfix I believe) and a small piece of thin wire.Mixed mud with
PVA glue and water  for  the muddy ground  base. Below  you can see  some pictures  during the
 procedure .

Testing the positions in the terrain






Painting the ground.
 I first glue only one line of sand bangs so I can paint and drybrush
 easily every corner and hole of mud.



The first figure is painted and I'm starting the rest of the sand bags.



Almost done!





The second figure is ready and...here it is finished!


I've added some empty casings made up from wire painted gold and cut in small pieces.
Also added a "Lee Enfield" rifle..(the dead man's weapon?)













I will add some more pictures when I finally manage to buy that Wood Router and make the base.
Then the vignette will be completed!

Many thanks for stopping by!!
 I hope you enjoy the pics and this post will be inspiring somehow for someone!!

Till' next time...Keep Up The Brushes!!



18 comments:

  1. I appreciate your detailed and splendid job on the base, very impressive...a beautiful vignette sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for you kind comments Phil!!

      Regards, George.

      Delete
  2. A lovely vignette with great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogging! That's some excellent work. Love all the extra little details like the spent casings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rod!The small details can make the difference!After all, the good fun of this hobby is hidden in the small details!Isn't it?

      Regards, George!

      Delete
  4. You turn so simple a miniature into a tremendous work of art! Amazing! Welcome back George!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear from you my friend!Thans again for your kind comment!!
      I have to find some time to explore again your blog!I've seen A LOT
      of activity there ;)
      Regards, George!

      Delete
  5. Excellent work and welcome back George! Now I get the feeling to make my blog to live again! :-)

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter! I will be very happy if this post will be the "push" to get you back on track again!I'm Waiting to see some new figs:)

      Regards,
      George

      Delete
  6. Keep trying to follow the blog but keep getting......Whoops, that's an error!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just make my wife a Follower and I had no problem.Maybe there was a problem with the server at that time so you can try again today.Thanks for your interst anyway! :)

      Regards, George.

      Delete