Thursday, February 28, 2019

Timpo 1:32 plastic "Bear"

   Hi there!
     Trying to catch up February with another post , I've finished yesterday this lovely(?) bear!
Dating back to the 60's, this little bear comes to me along with some other toy soldiers and I get the inspiration to paint ,from an older post of a friend blogger-gamer (I thing it was from Palouse Wargaming Journal ) who had a wild bear in his gaming set up!




  The figure came with some wear on the body and a broken base but, with a little care and a sharp knife becomes ready to paint! For extra basing space I made a base extension using a round plastic cup.

   Here you can see what I started with....




     And here some pictures during the restoration... 








         
And here you can see the final result in some clear and some artistic pictures..
















That's all for now...Hope you like my first posted animal figure! I have painted some more
,(mostly horses) in the past and maybe I'll make a post for them in the future..

'Till next time... Keep Up The Brushes!!!

    
 

11 comments:

  1. Nice! Looks like my high school mascot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! Is it in one of your tables
      that I saw a bear among the trees?

      Delete
  2. He looks splendid, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this blog after looking for info on painting ww2 Airfix German soldiers! I was drawn to this bear since it is so well done like your other material! You kind of show the steps here but in a future post could you give a step-by-step tutorial on your painting, shading, and washing order? The tutroials you have done with your bases is great and I was hoping you could do one with figures as well. Thanks and keep posting your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! Sorry for the late responce. Unfortunately due to my full commission schedule , I have left my blog for the last months. I will give it an update soon and I'm considering of painting tutorials as well. Thank you for your message. If you want to see more recent jobs you can search for me on Facebook as " George Siakas Biblicrafts" . I'll be happy to see you there :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I will check out your Facebook page!

      Delete