Well, yes , sometimes experiments goes wrong....
I've finished this figure some days a go and I wasn't very exited because I didn't like the texture
of the plastic and also the face details..( looks a bit like a Monkey vampire ! ). but that wasn't all....
A long time a go I've bought a varnish that was in discount and it was marked as " Velvet Mat".
Until now I was using a satin spray varnish for protection and then I was painting a brush Matt
to beat gloss. It was working good but it was double job. So now that this it is about to finish I said
time to try the new one...
JODER! (..like a Spanish would say)!! This is not Matt!!
Ok! I said... I will repaint with my magic Matt varnish and all will be ok..Let's read the instructions..
JODER!! ( again..)...Do not paint acrylics above this product..((@#%$^%#)...It is an Alkyd Resin!
So ok...after a small headache.. I said , why not "Let it Shine!"...This is the result...
I took the color combination from this painting below...
Some more pictures in other backgrounds..
It's a pity, finally , because is a very nice pose but ...with this vampire face and this shinning
outfit , sure it will be a " To be.. Repainted " episode..!
So, I didn't know until now , stay away from Alkyd Resins!!!
Thanx for reading my post and I hope I save someone from Trouble!!
'Till next time...KEEP UP THE BRUSHES!!