Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Airfix WW2 "British Paratroops" 1:32 (or fight with the clock)


Hi there,
       after a long time I decided to test my painting time capacity with a mass (not so mass) painting.
 I painted this set in 12 hours ( in five days!) and fighting with the clock I tried to be as more detailed
 as I could, so that the figures could reach a nice standard.... So,  it is about 2 hours per piece for full
 treatment...( mould clearing, washing, priming, painting , varnished and base making..).
    I know that, time is a relevant value to discuss, but I would like to have your opinion about the,
"time vs quality" issue for these figures..




      About the figures, this is another one of the famous "Airfix" WW2 sets and normally it has seven different poses. During priming,  I've realized that I've left one pose out by accident, so this is not the full set...

     Unfortunately ,once again, I forgot to take some pics during the procedure...Only this one..



Here are some more pictures to enjoy..












Thanx for stopping by and I hope you've been inspired somehow!

'Till next time... Keep up the Brushes!!!
     
  

16 comments:

  1. For 2 hours of work each I think they came great. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lottle masterclass my friend! I love denison camo.
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked the same question about time / quality on my volunters caateran.
    for two H it's great ! good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up your "Volunters" and i saw an excellent result
      for 1H/fig timing..I could have some more impovement on that :) Thanx for your comments!

      Delete
  4. Impressive and realistic camo, they look wonderful, don't know how you do this...excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. What did you prime them with? Original Airfix figures seemed to repel paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for your comments! Yes you are right, these figures are a real headake! At the beginning i was just painting a layer of acrylic paint as a primer but I had the problem you mentioned.
      These figures are made by a soft plastic and have some oil left over from the mould.Also they become very oily by touching them.
      So, at first you need a very good wash with a dishwash soap. Then
      I prime them with a plastic primer that I have discover latelly.
      It is the "Morris" plastic Primer No.28617. It is a transparrent spray. For extra stable primer I use a thin layer of "cosmoslac" metal primer witch is grey and have a very smooth surface finish perfect for acrylics..
      Although, after all my efforts with primers and finishing varnishes ...if you bent enough the gun tip or any thin part of the miniature , the paint might break! You have to be very kind
      handling these figs!
      Sorry for the long post but I hope it was helpful!
      Regards, George.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous brushwork on classic figures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just been checking your excellent blog. Superb painting and 2 hours per figure is very good going for the standard you have reached, especially with the prep time for the airfix plastic.10/10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for checking around and for your kind comment!
      Welcome to my blog!

      Regards, George.

      Delete